Well-being is a feeling of satisfaction with life, a state characterized by health, happiness, and prosperity, the experience of positive emotions such contentment as well as the development of one’s potential, having some control over one’s life, having a sense of purpose, and experiencing positive relationship. Good health concerns the care of the human body and everything that can be done to protect it from sickness and intoxication and enable access to care.
Al-Quds University is deeply committed to promoting good health and well-being for all through its academic programs, research initiatives, and community engagement efforts. The university contributes to SDG 3 in several ways:
Medical and Health Sciences Education: Al-Quds University offers a wide range of degree programs in medicine, nursing, pharmacy, public health, and other health-related fields. These programs provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to address health challenges and contribute to the improvement of public health outcomes.
Healthcare Research and Innovation: The university conducts cutting-edge research in various areas of healthcare, such as disease prevention, diagnostics, treatment, and health systems management. This research contributes to the advancement of medical knowledge and the development of new technologies, therapies, and best practices that can improve the quality of healthcare and save lives.
Community Healthcare Services: Al-Quds University operates a network of clinics and healthcare centers that provide essential medical services to the local community, including primary care, dental care, mental health services, and specialized treatments. These facilities serve as important training and research sites for the university’s health sciences students and faculty, while also addressing the healthcare needs of the community.
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention: The university actively engages in health promotion and disease prevention initiatives aimed at reducing the burden of chronic and infectious diseases. These efforts include public health campaigns, educational programs, and community-based interventions that promote healthy lifestyles, raise awareness about risk factors, and encourage early detection and treatment.
Global Health Partnerships: Al-Quds University collaborates with partners to address global health challenges, such as infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, and healthcare disparities. These partnerships facilitate knowledge exchange, joint research projects, and capacity-building initiatives that contribute to the improvement of health outcomes worldwide.
Mental Health and Well-being: Recognizing the importance of mental health as a critical component of overall well-being, Al-Quds University offers academic programs and conducts research in the field of mental health. The university also provides mental health services to students and the local community, and engages in initiatives aimed at reducing the stigma associated with mental health issues.
In summary, Al-Quds University is dedicated to achieving SDG 3 through a comprehensive approach that encompasses education, research, direct healthcare services, health promotion, global partnerships, mental health, and policy advocacy. By leveraging its expertise and resources, the university plays a crucial role in improving health and well-being for all and contributes to a healthier, more equitable future through:
- Providing free medical services and psychological counseling within the university for locality people.
- Organizing educational medical events and workshops, and providing free medical examinations and health care for students, workers and the local community.
- More than 5,000 units of blood donated by university students to Palestinian hospitals.
- Supporting the Palestinian Ministry of Health in light of the Corona pandemic crisis, as an advanced artificial respiration device was delivered, in addition to the opening of a vaccination center inside the university against the Corona virus.
- Providing free advisory services, holding awareness events and workshops for farmers and food producers with the aim of disseminating knowledge of Palestinian standards for food hygiene and quality, and improving sustainable nutrition practices.
- Promote local and international partnerships and collaborate with various institutions and organizations to improve health and well-being.
- Palestinian hospitals corporation
- Adopting new qualitative educational programs in the field of medicine and health sciences.