Al-Quds University is committed to promoting sustainability and social responsibility throughout its operations, including its fundraising and donation activities. To this end, the university has established a sustainable funding and donations policy aimed at ensuring that its financial resources are obtained through ethical and responsible means. This policy serves as a guiding framework for the university’s fundraising efforts and helps to maintain the institution’s integrity while supporting its long-term sustainability goals.
II. Principles of Sustainable Funding and Donations Policy
A. Ethical and Responsible Fundraising
- Implement transparent and accountable fundraising practices, adhering to applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards.
- Prioritize fundraising efforts that align with the university’s mission, values, and sustainability objectives.
- Develop and maintain robust due diligence processes to assess the sources of funding and donations and ensure their compatibility with the university’s ethical and sustainability principles.
B. Diversified Funding Sources
- Diversify funding sources to enhance the university’s financial stability and resilience, reducing dependence on any single source of funding.
- Seek funding from a variety of sources, including government grants, private foundations, corporate sponsorships, and individual donations, while ensuring alignment with the university’s sustainability and ethical principles.
- Encourage partnerships and collaborations that promote shared sustainability goals and foster long-term relationships with donors and funding organizations.
C. Allocation of Funds and Donations
- Ensuring that funds and donations are allocated in a manner that supports the university’s sustainability objectives, such as research, education, infrastructure improvements, and community engagement initiatives.
- Establish clear guidelines and criteria for the allocation of funds and donations, promoting transparency and accountability in the decision-making process.
- Regularly review and update funding allocation priorities to ensure continued alignment with the university’s strategic goals and sustainability objectives.
III. Implementation and Monitoring
A. Fundraising Department Oversight
- A dedicated fundraising team to oversee the implementation of the sustainable funding and donations policy.
- Providing training and resources to fundraising staff to ensure they have the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively implement the policy.
B. Donor Engagement and Stewardship
- Developing strategies for engaging donors and funding organizations that share the university’s commitment to sustainability and social responsibility.
- Foster long-term relationships with donors through regular communication, updates on the impact of their contributions, and opportunities for involvement in university initiatives.
- Recognize and acknowledge donor contributions through appropriate channels, such as public recognition, plaques, or naming opportunities, while respecting donor preferences for anonymity.
C. Reporting and Transparency
- Developing key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of the university’s sustainable funding and donations initiatives.
- Regularly review fundraising activities and performance against sustainability objectives, adjusting strategies as needed.
- Publishing annual reports on the university’s fundraising activities, highlighting progress towards sustainability goals and the impact of donor contributions.
IV. Education and Engagement
A. Campus-wide Education and Awareness
- Promoting awareness and understanding of sustainable funding and donation principles among the university community through educational initiatives, workshops, and events.
- Encouraging input and feedback from students, faculty, and staff on fundraising decisions and policy implementation.
B. Collaborative Partnerships
- Collaborating with other universities, organizations, and networks to share best practices, resources, and research on sustainable fundraising and donations.
- Engaging in advocacy efforts to promote sustainable funding and donation principles within the broader higher education and philanthropic communities.
By implementing a sustainable funding and donations policy, Al-Quds University demonstrates its commitment to promoting sustainability and social responsibility throughout its fundraising activities. This policy ensures that the university’s financial resources are obtained through ethical and responsible means, while supporting the institution’s long-term sustainability